Well spent time layout for Doodlebug Design

Monday, July 31, 2023

This week I have a fun layout for you, created with the wonderful Petite Prints. 

I was in the mood for an artsy, mixed-media layout, full of color.


To start, I cut out a lot of circles from different petite prints sheets. I mainly used, pink, dark pink, salmon, blue, mint and yellow. I cut them out from the new petite prints, Stripe-Sprinkles and Plaid-Polka Dots, and used both sides.


Then I placed them aside and created my mixed media background. 
To do that, I ripped random pieces off a few of the 12x12 petite prints papers and placed them on the layout, creating this "weird", random, whimsical composition. I adhered them to a sheet of white cardstock and then came in with some white gesso and a dry brush and created a few white spots here and there. I added some color and white gesso until I was happy and then I let it dry.


I then came in with a few strips of the thin plaid washi tapes. I added a few strips here and there and then also added a few crosses with my pencil. I also splattered some gold paint all over the page.

Then it was time to add the flowers. I added them in a diagonal kind of way and layered some of them.
I added the photo that I matted with a piece of patterned paper and placed it on the layout.

I also wanted to add a few green leaves, so I cut some out and adhered those too.


For the centers of the flowers, I addded a bit of liquid glue to each of them and then sprinkled Sugar Coating glitter on top. Love how that looks :)

I also added the title using Abigail and Skinny alphas.

To finish the layout, I added some jewels.


I really think it turned out pretty cool... ;)

Thank you for stopping by, see you.

 

Youtube / Facebook / Instagram

 

 

Doodlebug products:


Petite Prints Stripe/Sprinkles and Plaid/Polka-Dot

Big jewels

Sugar Coating

Plaid Washi Tape

Alpha Stickers in  Abigail and Skinny















Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Lisa Fonseca. Design by FCD.