Layout using new Petite Prints from Doodlebug Design

Monday, July 3, 2023

Awwww.... I just love a cute basic patterned paper and I love it even more, having this paper in a TON of beautiful colors. We got the new Petite prints in 12x12 and 6x6 and I have to say... JUST BEAUTIFUL!! I was very excited to use them for this layout. I chose a wonderful teal/mint color for my background as this color was just too pretty to use in small amounts... :)

I went through all of the colors of the rainbow, chose one patterned paper for each and cut out a heart from each of those. I distressed all of them with my scissors.
Then I placed them all on my paper and chose a fun way to display them. Some of them are overlapping, which gives it even more interest. I adhered the hearts using liquid glue and foam tape.


Then I matted the photo on a piece of patterned paper, distressed the edges and I added it to the layout.

For the title, I wanted to have it super colorful and whimsical, so I grabbed all of my alpha stickers and used letters from all the different styles. 


I then took colored thread and added some little nests behind some of the hearts. It just adds even more color and I love the effect on this layout.
Since this layout is pretty simple, I wanted to add another extra. So I trimmed the mint sheet of paper on each side (around 1/2inch) and then adhered it to a white patterned paper of the same style.
I distressed the edges, bended them up slightly and drew a scribbly border all around.




I also drew borders on all of the hearts. 
Then I used the puffy hearts and jewels and added a bunch of those.

LOOOOOVE all of the pretty colors on this layout.

Go get yourself some basic petite prints now, I'm sure you desperately need those in your stash...:)

See you soon,

Youtube / Facebook / Instagram

 


Doodlebug products used:


12x12 Petite Prints:

CANDY STRIPE-SPRINKLES

PLAID-POLKA DOT

Jewels

Puffy Hearts

Alpha Stickers:

SUNSHINE

ABIGAIL

ALPHABET SOUP

MY TYPE

SKINNY







Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Lisa Fonseca. Design by FCD.