Fur Baby layout for Doodlebug Design

Monday, July 3, 2023

I love a good striped layout. Do you? I've made a ton of layouts with stripes and I really like the way they usually turn out. Here's the stripy layout, I created with Doodlebug's Doggone Cute collection.


One of the patterned papers from the collection has these words and phrases in rainbow colors. I really wanted to cut this paper apart, creating a bunch of colorful stripes. 
What I did is cut 2 stripes of each color and then cut each of those into 2 pieces, creating smaller stripes in different sizes. 


I then placed the stripes one under the other, keeping the rainbow pattern and using 3 or 4 stripes of each color. I like placing the stripes in a random looking kind of way, where some are shorter, some longer, some peek out from the one side, some from the other. Even though there's no rhyme or reason to the placement, it still looks coherent and organized.


I then matted the photo on a brown patterned paper to come back with the color of the dog in the photo. I adhered it to the layout and then chose a title.
I went with a sentiment from the Chit Chat die cut pack. I cut the white border a bit narrower and then adhered the pieces to a yellow and orange patterned paper. I cut them out and adhered them to the layout using foam tape.

I used one of the Doodle Pops and adhered it under the photo and also used three small dog head enamel dots.


I was already done and ready to place the final embellishments, when I thought that the layout was, though very pretty, a bit too white. So I went to grab a tube with striped rainbow colored washi tapes. I took a stripe of each color and cut it in the middle and then adhered the pieces on top of the word stripes. I love the effect it gave, adding more color but still showing the letters underneath. Super pretty! :)

To finish, I added puffy tennis balls, jewels and enamel dots in the matching colors and paint splatters.

That's it friends, I hope you like the layout

See you soon.


Youtube / Facebook / Instagram

 


Doodlebug products used:

Doggone Cute collection

Washi tape stripe assortment


Other products used:

Watercolors





Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Lisa Fonseca. Design by FCD.