Confetti Wishes cards fro PINK PAISLEE

Friday, July 13, 2018

Hi dear people,
It's Lisa and I'm back on the blog with two cute cards I made with the Confetti Wishes collection.
Image 49
The main focus on these cards, are the paper weaved pieces. To start, I cut a lot of 1cm paper strips from almost all of the papers from the collection. Then I weaved them together, creating this cool and colorful design. I adhered the whole thing to a white sheet of paper, so that it would't fall apart when I cut it.
For the first, square shaped card, I cut a heart out of a 6x6 piece of the weaved design. Then I placed some white paper in the heart shaped hole and I stitched around the heart with a link chain stitch, using three shades of pink to create an ombre effect.
Image 46
I used two rolled flowers that I had left from a previous project and some of the chipboard and cardstock stickers to embellish the card. I used a beautiful and big gold and aqua foam thicker saying 'Hooray' to stick in the middle of the card and added some gold splatters.
Image 45
For the second card, I cut out three small hearts out of the weaved design. I stitched around them using pink, green and gray thread.
Image 52
Then I placed them on a rectangular piece of patterned paper that I adhered on another patterned paper using sticky foam.
Image 38
To embellish, I used some chipboard and puffy stickers and some dots from the foam thickers sheets.
Image 44
Those cards are perfect for every occasion... birthdays, congratulation wishes, thank you's... I hope you'll try this technique and chain link stitching, it turns out so good every time! :)
Thank you so much for being here, see you soon!

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Lisa Fonseca. Design by FCD.