Eté indien layout for IN THE SCRAP

Friday, July 6, 2018

Hi there friends, it's Lisa back on the blog today.
I'm sharing a super cute pastel layout, I made using the Cocoa Vanilla Endless summer collection.



I really love how it turned out, here it is...


To start this page, I chose a cutfile from Paige Evans. But I didn't use the cutfile in the traditional kind of way. I only used it as a guide to create my mosaic heart. I cut 1cm strips from all of the papers from the collection. Then I cut 1x1cm squares. I adhered the squares on a white sheet of paper, following the cutfile as a guide.


When I was done, placing all of the squares, I cut out the heart, leaving a white border. Then I stitched along some of the lines, using gold thread. 

I placed my heart on the wood grain patterned paper from the collection.


I did a bit of mixed media around the heart. Then I backed my picture on some scraps of paper I had left and placed it on the layout. 

To embellish, I used the ephemera and stickers included in this collection. I also used a Heidi Swapp paper stencil with flowers. I loved the big flowers on the stencil, so I cut them out, backed them with patterned paper and used them as embellishments too.


For my title, I used the alpha stickers from the collection, placed them on white paper and cut them out, leaving a white boarder, to make them stand out from the background. I adhered them using foam squares.


I hope you like the layout, make sure to watch the process video on YouTube 




Thank you so much
Lisa

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Lisa Fonseca. Design by FCD.