Giardini di Boboli layout for IN THE SCRAP

Thursday, November 29, 2018

Hi scrappy friends, 

Today I'm sharing a super sweet, romantic layout, scrapping a picture I took in Florence last August.


I wanted to use the Maggie Holmes Willow Lane collection but I didn't really knew what I was going to do.


So I sat down an went through all the products from the collection. Since there are so many beautiful papers in the collection I thought of creating something using as many patterned papers as possible. 
To start, I chose my papers, sorting them by color. Then I arranged them in a rainbow pattern. I started with yellow and finished with purple.


From all of the papers, I ripped off strips of appr. 2cm. I like that you can see the ripped edge of all the strips :) I arranged them on my white 12x12 paper and adhered them down.


As a title, I wrote Boboli on a white scrap of paper and glued sequins on the letters, taking care to use the same colors as on the layers of paper on my layout. When the sequins were stuck down, I cut out the word and placed it on the page.


I placed my picture on some scraps of patterned paper and adhered it too. Then I fussy cut some birds and butterflies from two of the patterned papers and placed them on my layout, color-matching them to the strips of paper.  As a final touch, I splattered some gold Color Shine on the page.



I really hope you like it :)
Thanks for being here!

Lisa

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Lisa Fonseca. Design by FCD.