Just be you layout for Doodlebug Design

Tuesday, August 29, 2023

If you've read my last blog post, you already know how much I love this new collection. The gold details everywhere, the colors, the flowers... are just stunning!

This week, I decided to go crazy with fussy cutting again... haha :)


There's this gorgeous butterfly washi tape included in the Hello Again collection. I was really in the mood to fussy cut them out and use a lot of them on a layout. So to start, I adhered a few strips of washi tape onto white printer paper and then I fussy cut out the butterflies.


For my background, I used the rainbow striped paper. I cut out two stripes of each color, tore off the ends of each stripe, creating stripes of different sizes. I also distressed them. Then I adhered them to my white cardstock, always placing the two stripes of the same color next to each other and leaving a white space between the colors.


I used my sewing machine to stitch a gold zig-zag line through the middle of each color. Then I splattered some gold and white paint all over the layout.

I used a photo of myself and used a few pieces from the rest of the rainbow stripe paper to matte it. I then adhered it to the layout using foam tape.


As a title, I used one of the die cuts from the Chit Chat pack and I backed it with some black paper with tiny flowers, from the 6x6 paper pad.
I adhered it using foam dots.

To embellish the layout, I used three Doodle-Pops and Shaker-Pops that represent things that I love. I placed them in a visual triangle.


Then I went ahead and adhered all my little butterflies. I only added a tiny bit of glue in the center of each butterfly to make sure the wings could be bent upwards and give all the butterflies a dimensional look. 

I hope you're inspired to use the butterfly washi tape too, haha... fussy cutting is a super amazing way to calm down... just so you know... ;)

See you soon,

Youtube / Facebook / Instagram

 


Doodlebug products used:

Hello Again collection


Other products used:

White cardstock

Gold thread













Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Lisa Fonseca. Design by FCD.