Hey Boo layout for Doodlebug Design

Monday, October 9, 2023

Are you all getting ready for Halloween already? Not me... hahaaa, I prefer staying in Summer a little while longer. But working with a super cute collection as Sweet & Spooky is fun, even in Summer. This week my project is a layout, my fave crafty thing to do. 

I saw this cute werewolf in the collection and was instantly in love. I needed to recreate it with paper.


I used different colored cardstock and some patterned papers to create the cute werewolf. First I drew him onto a sheet of white paper. Then I cut out the different parts and retraced them onto colored cardstock. Then I adhered all the pieces together. I added shadows with my Distress Oxides, black lines using a thin black pen and some white highlights using a white acrylic marker. 

I also made a tiny bow with patterned paper from the 6x6 paper pad and used some Washi tape in the middle. 


As a background, I used this really cool striped purple paper that is just a perfect color match for the brown werewolf. 

I framed the paper using the fun "Halloween" washi tape and also added a black scribbly border. 

I used a photo that I took at Disneyland last year and matted it with four pieces of patterned paper. Then I adhered it to the layout, creating this diagonal design. 


I then added white and black splatters, staying in the diagonal design, so only splattering on the top right and bottom left corners. 

I went through the embellishments and added bats, stars, jewels a moon and a tiny pink puffy pumpkin. 


For the title, I chose Skinny and Sunshine alpha stickers. 

I'm in LOVE with this cute little werewolf, he's just adorable... :) 

Even if Summer isn't over for me yet, I'm looking forward to the fall and Halloween season and since I will be visiting Wisconsin and Vermont in October, I'll be able to take a ton of new photos to scrap for Halloween collections next year... yay! 

See you...

Doodlebug products used:

Sweet & Spooky collection
Sunshine alpha stickers
Skinny alpha stickers
Cardstock

Other products used:
Distress Oxides
Black pen
Acrylic marker
Black ink













Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Lisa Fonseca. Design by FCD.