Beach night memories layout for Doodlebug Design

Sunday, April 9, 2023

Did you ever use a themed collection to create a project that had a different theme? Well, that's what I did for this layout. I used the new Spring garden collection and created a summery layout. Even though the photo I documented was taken in spring, the beach always screams summer, right? 

I started by making a mixed media background using watercolors.

I primed my sheet of cardstock with white gesso to create a barrier between the color and the paper. That way, you're able to play with the color a lot longer and it'll not sink into the paper right away.


Then I started with some aqua watercolors that I used with a lot of water. I like to create a big splatter and then turn the page in different directions to let the color run over the paper.


I then use my heat gun to dry the layer (actually, you can use it to make the color go where you want and create fun waves) and start again, until I'm happy with the result. I did the same, using pink and gold. 


When my page was dry and ready, I continued with a Doodlebug cutfile. 
I used this jar with fireflies that I downloaded in the Silhouette store and I used Doodlebug cardstock for the different pieces.


I love how cute this cutfile looks... :)
I matted my photo with two different patterned papers and the placed my two elements on the layout. I never really plan my mixed media background, so sometimes I need some time to see how to place my elements, so to not cover up too much of the color.

I adhered the cutfile and photo and then went through the embellishments to see what I could add.


I chose some clouds and a sun from the Odds & Ends pack. To fill the jar a bit more, I used heart stickers and I placed a teeny tiny doodle pop bird at the bottom of the page. 
Talking of that, I wanted to create some kind of base for my jar. Since the photo I took was on the beach, I chose sand-colored cardstock from Doodlebug and created three layers of stripes to make it look like the sand on the beach.


For the title, I used a Chit&Chat word and some Sunshine alpha stickers. 
For some more finishing details, I used a pencil and drew lines and shadows on the jar and fireflies, drew some white dots "in" the jar and I splattered paint around the jar.

That's it! :)
I think it turned out cute and I love this cutfile...

See you soon scrappy people.

Youtube / Facebook / Instagram

 


Doodlebug products used:

Spring Garden collection

Cardstock in different colors

Sunshine alpha stickers

Cutfile: Lightning bug jar


Other products used:

Gesso and watercolors

White pen












Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Lisa Fonseca. Design by FCD.