Springy Feelings Layout for Doodlebug Design

Tuesday, April 5, 2022

It's that time of the year again... no, not Christmas... Easter :) I love decorating with bunnies and sheep and chicks and using pastel colors everywhere. So to start with my Easter layouts, I went with the Easter collection from last year, called Hippity Hoppity and I mixed in a few little embellishments from other collections and from the basics.



A wreath design is always a good choice when you want to use a ton of embellishments. This layout came together pretty fast, since I only needed to find the embellishments that I wanted to use and basically create a circle with those. 

I mainly used stickers and die cuts from the Hippity Hoppity collection. I decided to give the eggs and little characters more dimension and interest to make them stand out more. So for the eggs, I stitched some patterns into them, using embroidery thread. For the little characters, I used my Distress Oxides to give them cheeks and a colored border. 


I also distressed the edges of the characters, I just love that effect. To start with the wreath, I placed the big eggs and characters on my prepped patterned paper, first. You always want to start with the bigger embellishments and then going smaller and smaller. I adhered them to the page using foam squares and foam tape.


Then I started placing my middle-sized things. Like smaller eggs, flowers and leaves. I tried to fill the circle more and more, being careful to create a perfect shape. Then came the small embellies, like mini eggs, tiny flowers etc. just before adding the final touches, the enamel dots.



When placing the super small objects, try to fill in any gaps that remain and to keep a perfect circle. 
I also used the enamel dots in the center of the flowers, to decorate some eggs and I used tiny black ones on the eyes of the characters. 

For my title, I went super simple. I used the Abigail and Sunshine alpha stickers.



I love creating wreaths, they are super fun to make and as I said, you can use a ton of embellishments, which I really love! I hope you were inspired to start your Easter projects too. I look forward to the new spring collections from Doodlebug, I can't wait. :)

See you soon...


Facebook
 Instagram YouTube


Doodlebug products used:


Hippitiy Hoppity collection

Abigail stickers

Sunshine stickers

Black enamel dots

Floral die cuts from Lots of Love


Other products used:


Embroidery thread

Gesso

Distress Oxides







Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Lisa Fonseca. Design by FCD.