You make me happy layout for BELLA BLVD

Tuesday, May 12, 2020

Hey friends, 
today I'm sharing a layout that is inspired by the BELLA BLVD May mood board :)

Image 62

I really love this month's mood board, here it is...

86354857_3477356079003463_8228736101628510208_n

What I reeeaaallly love on this mood board, is the middle square on the bottom. I'm just in love with the colors, the brush strokes, the way the colors mix and the little details in white and gold. So I really wanted to make a fun, artsy background for my page and I also wanted to include some flowers.
I started with my background. I chose my colors, trying to recreate the color scheme from the mood board. There's no rule to making such a background. I just used my colors, one after the other, painting some strokes of each color and making them blend in some places. At the end, I added the white parts and also some white and black splatters.

Image 60

I let my background dry and chose a Bella Blvd cutfile in the Silhouette store. I chose this cute cat and cut it out from a gray patterned paper, since my cat is gray. :) 

Image 57

Then I also created three flowers by hand-cutting flower shapes from 3 different patterned papers. I adhered them together, starting with the bigger flower and going smaller. For the center of the flower, I created some wonky-shaped circles in black. I used black to balance the black in the photo and the black splatters. The picture I used, is one of my cat. I printed it in black and white, since I had already enough color going on in the background. I matted it on two different patterned papers.

Image 61

I laid down all my elements to see how I wanted everything to look like and then I went into my embellishments and chose some pieces that matched. I used some ephemera circles in different colors and I used some puffy stars in two shades of pink. Then I adhered everything on my background, glueing some things directly to the paper and using some foam squares to adhere other pieces. 

Image 58

To finish, I created my title. I chose the word "Happy" from a cardstock sticker sheet. The letters were pink but I wanted something that really popped off the page and I also wanted to come back with more black. So I painted the letters with black ink. To complete the title, I used some black Florence Alpha stickers. 
I had so much fun creating this layout and I really like how it turned out. :)

I hope you are inspired to create an artsy background. Just choose a color scheme and brush on some paint. It's very easy and it looks so cool. Also... have you checked out the new Bella Blvd cutfiles?? Soooo cute!!! :)

Thank you for stopping by and see you very soon!
LISA

2 comments

  1. Totally adorable Lisa ! I love all the colours and the kitty you made!! Your designs are always playful and sweet! 🥰

    ReplyDelete

Latest Instagrams

© Lisa Fonseca. Design by FCD.