That's me layout for BELLA BLVD

Wednesday, May 20, 2020

Hey scrappy people, 

it's me and today I'm sharing a new fun rainbow layout. 

Image 50

The assignment for this week, was to use as many Florence Alpha stickers as possible. :) I really thought a loooong time about this and couldn't really come up with something I liked... haha! :) But then I finally had an idea that I thought could work... I wanted to list all the things I liked and use as many colors of the rainbow as I could.

So to start, I wanted to have a rainbow background. I used watercolors with a lot of water and put down color after color, letting it flow in different directions and letting the next color mix and blend with the previous one. After I had all the colors, I dried them with my heat gun. Then I went back and did some platters of the same colors on top. I dried it again and topped it with white splatters.

Image 53

I used my stitching machine to create a messy white line and give me a base to put my words on. I used a lot of the Florence Alpha stickers and wrote down a few of the things I love the most. 

Image 56

Then I chose my photo and backed it with some white paper, some vellum and some patterned papers that matched with the colors on the background. I adhered it with foam tape. Then I went through my embellishments and chose some chipboard and ephemera flowers. I placed them on my layout, trying to find the best placement. 

Image 55

Before adhering my flowers, I wanted to create my title. I wanted to write "That's me" but after placing the "me" down, I couldn't find the right way to incorporate the words "that's"...! I tried writing it on pink paper and cutting it out, I tried some Florence stickers, I tried some bold hand-cut letters... but nothing seemed to work. So I just decided to leave it that way... :) 

I adhered the title using foam squares and then adhered all the flowers, some flat to the paper and some using foam to create dimension. I also used some tangled thread behind the red flowers and put enamel dots in their centers.

Image 54

Then I added some white chipboard hearts and used some watercolor to paint the title and hearts. I LOVE the look that gives. :)
To finish, I wanted to have more abstract leaves around the flowers. So I took some vellum and traced some strands with leaves with a black pen and a pencil. I cut them out and added them around the flowers. Some more splatters and I was done! :)

I hope you are inspired to create a rainbow layout with the Florence Alpha stickers. You really need to have them in EVERY color, they are so pretty and easy to use! :)

Thank you so much for stopping by, see you soon!

LISA

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Lisa Fonseca. Design by FCD.