Yay layout for HIP KIT CLUB

Tuesday, February 26, 2019

Hi friends, it's Lisa back on the blog today.
My assignment this week was to make a layout featuring frames, hearts and flowers. Since I'm not a minimalistic scrapbooker and I had already used the frames and most of the hearts included in the kits, I had to improvise a bit. :) But this is what I came up with!

So to start I chose the papers (Main Kitand Color Kit) I wanted to use together. Then I cut out different and random sized rectangles. Bigger ones and smaller ones. I chose the ones that I was going to use as frames and cut out the centre of them with my exacto knife. Then I placed them on my white sheet of paper and started arranging the rest of the pieces in front and behind of the frames to create this random geometrical grid design.

I wanted to include more flowers than hearts in my layout, since I already made a layout with a lot of hearts the week before. But I didn't really had any flowers left in my kits, except that one project life card (Project Life Kit) with tiny pink flowers. So I fussy-cut those out but also needed bigger flowers. So I decided to use a stamp and die set from Vicki Boutin we got a few months back in the color kit.

I stamped some big and smaller flowers and cut them out using the matching dies. Then I arranged them on my layout. I also put one of the fussy-cutter pink flowers in the centre of each bigger flower.

I really love how those blue flowers turned out, because they have these tiny pink polka dots all over... really cute :)
As a title, I fussy cut out three "YAY's" out of a Crate Paper patterned paper (Main Kitand Color Kit) and arranged them on the layout. I also used the Pinkfresh studio tiny alpha stickers (Project Life Kit)to write "Best friends" and "Love you".

I had two matching hearts left from the Pinkfresh Studio layered hearts (Embellishment Kit). I took off the little banner on top and also incorporated them in my layout. To finish, I used some more embellishments that matched, like the Shimelle enamel shapes (Main Kit) and the Pinkfresh studio puffy stickers (Embellishment Kit). Some black splatters as a final touch and I was done! :)

I hope you like how the layout turned out! :)
Thank you so much for stopping by!

2 comments

  1. This is such a fun layout!!! I love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I came onto your blog while focusing just slightly submits. Nice strategy for next, I will be bookmarking at once seize your complete rises... 발산노래방

    ReplyDelete

Latest Instagrams

© Lisa Fonseca. Design by FCD.