We are crazy layout for HIP KIT CLUB

Tuesday, February 26, 2019

Hi everyone,
it's Lisa back on the blog today sharing a mixed media layout.

For this layout, I was inspired by a brand strip on one of the patterned papers in the kits.

I loved the splashes of color and the little irregular stains on top. So to start, I chose a pink cardstock sheet (Cardstock kit) as a background. I took a palette and mixed five or six different shades from the same color. I mixed the Wild Raspberry Color Mist with the white texture paste (Color Kit), using less and less color mist for each mixture, so that I would have a dark color, a light color and some shades in between.
Then I started spreading the different tones on my pink sheet in a random way.

I also used some red Shimmerz spray at the end. Then I used one of the pink shades and some black paint to make those little stains in some places.

When I was done and everything was dry, I placed an exclusive cutfile over the whole thing and cut out around it, so that only the hearts of the cutfile would be backed with the paper I just made.
I chose all of the pink and red patterned papers included in the kits (Main Kitand Paper Kit)and started hand-cutting hearts of different sizes out of them. Then I placed them in the insides of the hearts of the cutfile, layering some of them.
While I was doing this, the background seemed to dark to me, so I took some white gesso and spread it on the hearts using a paint brush and my fingers to have an ombre effect.

Then I replaced all of the hearts on the cuftile and adhered them down. I also adhered the whole backed cutfile on the red patterned paper and cut around leaving a red border.

I adhered it to a white sheet of paper and I made some pink and gold splatters around the cutfile.

I also wanted to have some black in my layout, so I used a tiny heart stamp and also a bigger one  from the Heidi Swapp stamp set (Project Life Kit)  and stamped some black hearts on my layout.

I matted my picture on some scraps of paper and adhered it to the layout. For my title, I used the Pinkfresh Studio alpha stickers (Embellishment Kit) and matted them on the red patterned paper and then on some white paper. I added two Pinkfresh Studio puffy stickers (Embellishment Kit) that I had left and that matched and I was done.


Thank you so much for stopping by :)

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Lisa Fonseca. Design by FCD.