Worry less, live more layout for PINK AND PAPER

Friday, June 15, 2018

Hi friends,

it's me back on the blog today :)


This month I'm working with Heidi Swapp's Hawthorne collection. I'm not really used to use such dark colors in my layouts, so I was a little bit scared to use it, but I managed to include light elements and it turned out really cool.

I wanted to use the Heidi Swapp flower art screen for this layout. I tried it on white paper first.



When I was sure how it worked, I used one of the patterned papers as a background and some pink acrylic paint. Little tip: don't use it with any kinds of paste, the paste is too thick and won't go through the screen. Also it will be impossible to clean after... Use acrylic paint! :)

When the flowers were dry, I cut them out and placed them on a second page of that same patterned paper I used before.

I machine-stitched all around the layout with white thread. Then I hand-stitched some stars on white paper, cut them out and scattered them on my page. I also used some ephemera pieces and clear stickers from the collection.

I chose a picture from my last vacation. I cut myself out and placed the photo on some of the roses. I placed one of the stars in my hand as if was reaching for it. I never did this before and I really like how it turned out :)

For my title, I used the foam words. These stickers are sticky on both sides, so you can put glitter or metallic flakes on them.



I placed the title beneath the picture.


To finish my layout, I choose some flower cutfiles, let my silhouette cut them out and placed them on the edges of the layout to brighten it up even more.

I really hope you like what I made.
If you want to see how to use the products even better, watch my process video:

Thank you
Lisa

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Lisa Fonseca. Design by FCD.