Winter Chillin' layout for Doodlebug Design

Tuesday, January 23, 2024

Happy new year everyone!!!

I'm wasting no time and diving right into Winter layouts... Today I'm sharing a layout I created with the amazing SNOW MUCH FUN collection.


I have to be honest... I had to go back a few years to find a photo that suited this collection and layout. There hasn't been a lot of snow this year and the day there was, I forgot to take pictures... :) So on this photo, you can see me with a friend as we spent time at Schwarzwald in Germany where we went to for a wedding.


To start, I ripped off irregular strips of 4 different patterned papers. I love the colors in this collection and the four colors look so good together. I stacked them one on top of the other and messed up the ripped edges a bit, to give the scene more texture. 

Then I went through the embellishments and chose a few things. It's always so much fun going through everything in the Doodlebug collections, since you have soooo many things to choose from... sometimes I even have a hard time deciding... haha! 


So I chose a few of the Doodle Pops and adhered them where I thought they would look pretty. I also added the little hearts and snowflakes that were in the Doodle Pops packages. Then I matted my photo with 4 random rectangles of patterned paper and added it to the layout. 

I went through the die cut pieces of the Odds&Ends pack and chose snowflakes, clouds, trees and a little bunny. I cut off a bit of the white borders and added them to the layout. 


Then I went in with some metallic water colors and added some teal, pink and purple around the photo and clouds. I love the dimension it gives the layout. I also sprinkled pink and purple watercolor all over the layout. 

For my title, I chose two words form the ChitChat pack. I added pink color to the inside of the word "Winter". To finish, I added some jewels... always use the jewels...they make everything look a thousand times better... :)

I hope you had a great start in the new year and are ready to scrap some Winter photos.

Youtube / Facebook / Instagram

 


Doodlebug products used:


Snow much fun collection


Other products used:


Metallic watercolors









Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Lisa Fonseca. Design by FCD.