Christmas cards for Doodlebug Design

Monday, January 8, 2024

I know a lot of people LOVE making cards... I have to say, I'm not really one of those people... For me it has always been more fun to create mini albums and layouts. But, once in a while, I have a fun idea for a card and I enjoy making it. So for this project, I created two cards with sentiments using the Gingerbread Kisses collection.


I love making layouts with super big letters, so for these cards, I used that technique, where I hand-cut letters out of patterned papers, without pre-drawing them... I just go for it :)

So, I cut out the letters, to write the words Jolly and Merry (for the sentiments "Holly Jolly" and "Merry Christmas"), from the patterned papers of the 6x6 paper pad. Then I adhered them to a 4 1/2 inch strip using foam tape and then cut off the excess of the strip.

I adhered that piece of paper to a card base I created out of patterned paper too, making it slightly bigger than the strip with the letters, so that a border would peek out from all of the sides. 


To make everything stand out more from the paper behind it (because there are a lot of layered patterns...), I traced black scribbly borders all around the letters, the strip and the base. 

I then took the puffy stickers (which btw are a product that is pretty new and I love it!!!) and added them here and there on top of the letters. 
I also added some gold enamel dots from the Hello Again collection. 


To finish the sentiment, I added Alphabet Soup stickers in Gold to the card.

Enjoy whatever holiday you celebrate or just this cozy winter time and see you in the new year.



Youtube / Facebook / Instagram

 


Doodlebug products used:


Gingerbread Kisses collection

Gold enamel dots from Hello Again collection

Alphabet Soup stickers in Gold



 





Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Lisa Fonseca. Design by FCD.