The cutest kitty layout for Doodlebug Design

Monday, May 8, 2023

Need a cute collection to scrap your beloved pets? Well Doodlebug's got what you need. Two brand new collections, one cat themed, the other dog themed, called Pretty Kitty and Doggone Cute.

I created a layout using Pretty Kitty, showcasing the lovely patterns of the 6x6 paper pad. 


I wanted to use a lot of the different patterns, because I just love the cute patterns and colors of the collection. So I cut out a few squares of patterned paper from the 6x6 paper pad and then hand cut all the letters that I needed, to write "The cutest little friend". 


I arranged them on the paper in a way that I liked, also including the photo. The shape that resulted from that, was a bit like rectangle, so I decided to use a few more embellishments to fill out this rectangle.

I cut out three hearts from patterned papers and I used a cat head Shaker Pop. 
I matted my photo on a few scrap pieces.


Then I started to adhere everything, the photo and all the letters. To make the letters more interesting and give them more dimension, I bend them a little bit and only added a bit of glue to the middle, so that they wouldn't lie flat on the paper. 

After adhering all the main pieces, I went through my embellishments and chose jewels, enamel dots, enamel shapes an stickers. I added them to the letters, trying to match the colors. 


To add some last details, I added some tangled thread and pink splatters. 


I love creating layouts with big letters, it always looks cute and colorful.
I hope you like it too and are inspired to try it out.

Youtube / Facebook / Instagram

 


Doodlebug products used:


- Pretty Kitty collection

- White cardstock

-  Petite Prints


Other products used:


- Thread

- Pink spray









Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Lisa Fonseca. Design by FCD.