Candy Cane Lane layout for Doodlebug

Sunday, December 25, 2022

One of my favorite designs when making layouts, is a grid design. It's been quite a while since I made one, but I made a project two weeks ago, for a grid design challenge I will host, and it was so much fun that I also wanted to make one with the cute Candy Cane Lane collection.


I made this layout, after already making another one that I didn't like at all... Does that happen to you? :) Well, it happens to me sometimes... But this time, it was no problem at all, since I already had the grid design idea that I wanted to make.

So I started by ripping 3x3 squares out of the 6x6 paper pad and 12x12 sheets of patterned papers, using a ruler. I like distressed edges and it's faster to rip the paper, than to cut it and then distress it after... hehe. 
For the square with the Santa on a bike, I used my pink Distress Oxide, to create a frame so that it would stand out more in front of the white background.

I adhered my squares to some vellum, using foam tape and then I ripped the vellum, leaving a narrow vellum border around all my squares.


I adhered them to a 12x12 sheet of white cardstock and then I chose my photo. I matted the photo with some pieces of patterned paper that I also distressed.
The photo is from a few years ago, when my friends and I took some photos for New Years' 2019. It's not a Christmas photo but it matched so good colorwise, that I wanted to use it... and it's just a week after Christmas, soooo still working, right? :)


I chose some die cuts from the Odds&Ends pack, the word "memories" from the Chit&Chat pack and the cute Doodle-pops deer and bird to decorate my page. 


For the title, I added "Winter" to "Memories" with the new Alphabet Soup puffy alpha stickers. Love those!!! :) 

I also had some circles with thread, left from the layout that I didn't like, and I repurposed those into flowers (yes, I took the other layout apart... shhh!!!) I added a circle on top, used an enamel dot in the center and added dimension and texture by pushing the center down.

Then I cut out leaves from a green tag and added those too.


Added some enamel dots and hearts and gold splatters to finish and voilà, all done! :)

I hope you like the layout and thank you for stopping by!


Youtube / Facebook / Instagram

 

 

Doodlebug products used:


Candy Cane Lane collection

Alphabet soup stickers


Other products used:


Thread

Vellum







Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Lisa Fonseca. Design by FCD.