Love coming home layout for DOODLEBUG DESIGN

Tuesday, August 23, 2022

For this layout I was in the mood for something simple, yet colorful and happy. I decided to go with the Shadowbox kit and create a layout with it...


For my background, I absolutely wanted to use this rainbow patterned paper which I love so much!! 
To start, I drew a circle on the paper. I chose my photo and backed it with a piece of patterned paper from the 6x6 paper pad, then I adhered it to the background. 


I used the Shadow Box kit from the My Happy Place collection which consists of cardstock stickers, a pack of jewels and a pack of enamel shapes. I adhered the photo first to see where I needed to place all the rest. Then I started with the big stickers and adhered them in a balanced way, considering the colors and the size. Then I went smaller and smaller, filling up more and more of the space. To fill up the last tiny holes, I used the tiny enamel dots and jewels.


To create a bit of dimension and interest and to have a visual triangle, I adhered three of the stickers using thick foam squares and adding tangled thread behind them. 
For the title, I used a die cut from the Chit&Chat pack and some alpha stickers in three different fonts.



To add a last little accent, I stitched a circle all round the stickers, using white thread and a chainlink stitch. Then I added white splatters. 

I think I'll be using more of this collection the next months, because I quit my job as a teacher to work from home 100% and I'm super excited. So I'll be able to spend a lot of time with my kitty and take more home photos, heheeee! :)


This kind of layout is also a cool idea to use up a lot of left over stickers from any collection. You can even create other shapes, it always looks cute. :)

Thank you for stopping by and see you soon!

Youtube / Facebook / Instagram

 

 

Doodlebug Products used:


- My Happy Place collection

- My Happy Place Shadow Box kit


Other products used:


- White embroidery thread

- White paint

- Black thread












Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Lisa Fonseca. Design by FCD.