This is us layout for Doodlebug Deisgn

Monday, July 25, 2022

I love collections that have amazing colors and that are super versatile and easy to use for every occasion or theme. This collection is like that for sure and I love the amazing color scheme. I decided to go with a layout this week and to scrap an old picture on which I had friends over at my house.


For this layout I wanted to use a maximum of all the patterned papers. An easy way to do that is to choose one of your punches and to punch out shapes from every paper. Here, I used a 1 inch and 1 1/2 inch square punch. I cut some of them in four, to have mini squares too. 


I wanted to place the squares a bit randomly on the page and to integrate the photo later. So I placed my squares on the layout, starting with the big ones, after distressing the edges and corners of each square. Then I placed the smaller ones, also layering them on the bigger ones. 



When I had everything placed on my background, I chose a place for the photo and matted it with some scraps of paper before adhering it to the layout with foam tape. 

I went through all the embellishments and chose enamel dots and enamel shapes, fussy-cut flowers and some mini Doodle Pops to decorate the squares and the page.


For my title, I chose one of the Chit & Chat word die cuts saying: "This is us" and I also cut out the letters "Home sweet Home" from a banner. 
To finish I splattered gold paint.


I hope you enjoyed the process and are excited to use this collection too...:)

Youtube / Facebook / Instagram

 


Doodlebug products used:


My happy place collection



Other products used:


Heidi Swapp Color Shine

 







Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Lisa Fonseca. Design by FCD.