Sunday, October 3, 2021

Are you ready to document October and Halloween?? Well, as much as I hate preparing and thinking about the next season and holidays, while I'm still enjoying the one I'm in at that moment, I think Summer is officially over and I'm ready for Fall and Halloween.

So I decided to create a cute mini album using the new collection, Happy Haunting.


I wanted to include different sized pages, using the tags included in the collection and the tag cut-apart patterned paper. I cut the paper apart, chose the tags that I wanted to use and went through the rest of the die-cuts to see what I wanted to add. Then I also cut out some rectangles from the 6x6 paper pad. 
When I had all my pages, I put them in a specific order, so to have a good mix of different sizes. I stitched some of the tags and papers with my sewing machine to add some texture and then I also added pompom  trim to the bottom of a few of them. 

I attached them all to a black metal ring and then I started with the cover. 



For the cover, I used the amazing green and purple metallic chevron sugar coated cardstock. LOVE THEM!!! I just cut out a long rectangle, folded it in two places and that was it! :) I pierced two holes into the spine to attach the ring to it and the album was basically done.

Then came the good part... the decorating!

To decorate, I went page by page, going through all the embellishments and adding die-cuts, stickers, enamel shapes, jewels, doodle pops, paper frills... I adhered a lot of embellishments using foam squares and tape to create a lot of dimension. 

Here is a look at all of the pages... have fun! :)























I think it turned out sooo cute! :) I loved adding jewels or googly eyes to the little characters. The blank pages and spots are for photos of course and I plan to add photos from when we'll visit Disneyland Paris or Europa-Park in Germany for Halloween. 

On the cover I created a little spooky scene, using a haunted house and some cute characters. I used magnets behind the cat to close the album. It was the first time I tried that and I love how it turned out. 


To make the album even more special, I created a dangly tassel, using all kinds of beads and charms in the colors of the collection.



I hope you like how it turned out and are inspired to create one too!

Have fun and happy HALLOWEEN!!!


Facebook
 Instagram YouTube


Doodlebug products used:

- Happy Haunting collection


Other products used:

- Beads and charms

- Clasp

- Pompom trim

- Metallic ring

- Magnets










Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Lisa Fonseca. Design by FCD.