Thursday, August 5, 2021

Yay for shaker cards!!! 

Haha... I love shaker pockets and cards, do you? For this project I decided to create three shaker cards, using a Doodlebug cutfile


To start, I went through the new Cute&Crafty cutfiles and found this cute Jars&Sprinkles cutfile. Since the jars are filled with glitter and sequins in reality, I thought it would be a cool idea to use those for my shaker cards and fill them too.

To start, I cut all the pieces out, using different Doodlebug colored cardstock sheets. I cut out the container part twice; once like it was originally, the second one, I changed a bit, letting the machine cut out the inner part, so that I would have a window to back with acetate. 


I adhered all of the pieces together after adding some ink around the edges, then I added some highlights with a white jelly pen. 

I backed the "open" jar with a piece of acetate and then I but dimensional foam tape around all the edges. 
To fill the little jar, I used three different "Sugar Coating" glitters and sequins. Then I added the "filled" jar on top, to close the shaker pocket. 


For my card bases, I used three patterned papers from the collection, that had a white background. I cut them 8x8inches and folded them in the middle, to create an 8x4 card. I put some ink around the borders to create a frame and then adhered the little jars on top. 

As a sentiment, I used three banners included in the "Chit Chat" die cuts. To finish the cards, I added two buttons to the top of each jar.


I think the cards turned out super cute and they can be used for every occasion. 

Thank you so much for stopping by...



Facebook
 Instagram YouTube


Doodlebug Products used:


Cute & Crafty collection

Doodle Twine in pink and teal


Cutfile:

Jars of Sprinkles


Other products used:

Distress Oxides

Silhouette Cameo

Orange thread











Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Lisa Fonseca. Design by FCD.