Eat, sleep, craft, repeat layout for DOODELBUG DESIGN

Thursday, August 5, 2021

Who loves rainbow layouts? :)

I think we all do, right? The new Cute&Crafty collection is not only perfect to document your crafty memories, but also has the most perfect rainbow colors ever. One of the patterned papers especially caught my eye and I absolutely wanted to use it for my next layout...



This rainbow paper is just so pretty and I wanted to create a pretty layout with it. I always like these striped papers and mostly I use them in a horizontal direction. For this one, I wanted to change it and used it vertically. I cut off one of the colors (sadly...;)) and the borders to have a square page and adhered it to a white paper and one of the floral patterned papers to create a beautiful frame. 
Then I stitched around it.


To give my rainbow stripes more texture, I stitched a lot of tight zig-zag lines horizontally and vertically, with white thread. Then I took my gelatos and a baby wipe and added some color, to deepen some areas on the paper. It colored the thread as well and this gave the background even more interest.


I went through the Bits&Pieces die cuts and chose the flowers I wanted to use. I placed them on the layout until I was happy with the result. I matted my photo with different patterned papers and adhered it to the background using foam tape. 


Then I attached all of the flowers, after distressing the edges, using liquid glue for some and foam squares for others. 
For the title, I used one of the die cut words and alpha stickers in gold and pink. 



From the Odds&Ends die cut pieces, I used five embroidery thread spools in different colors and adhered them to the matching colored stripes. I embellished the flowers with jewels and enamel dots and also used some other little embellishments to finish the page. 
I added gold splatters at the end and that was it.

I love how colorful and bright the layout is and I love to work with this collection!! :)


Thank you so much for stopping by,


Facebook
 Instagram YouTube


Doodlebug products used:
Cute&Crafty collection
Alpha stickers
Jewels
Sprinkles
Fancy Frills

Other products used:
Thread
White 12x12 cardstock

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Lisa Fonseca. Design by FCD.