Christmas cards using cutfiles for the HIP KIT CLUB

Sunday, December 8, 2019

Hey friends, 

it's Lisa back on the blog and today I'm sharing some cute holiday cards with you.
The assignment for this week was to use cutfiles on our projects. I needed to make cards and when I saw these cute cutfiles by Kim Watson, I knew I wanted to use them. :)



So to start, I let my silhouette cut out the cutfiles. A bird, a penguin and a mouse in a sock. I backed them with the patterned papers from theMain Kitand Paper Kit, using mainly reds, blues and pinks. The cutfiles all had very different shapes, so I decided to make three different shaped cards. A square one, a rectangular one, in a horizontal way and a rectangular one, in a vertical way.

Then I chose the papers that I wanted to use as my base, which wasn't very easy, because there are a lot of busy patterned papers in the kit. So I went with a plain red cardstock, the grey woodgrain one and a red tartan one. The red tartan was a bit to busy too, so I decided to put a layer of vellum on top, to tone it down a bit and make the bird stand out more.



I stitched a zig-zag all-around the borders on the three cards, I adhered my backed cutfiles with foam tape and then I started embellishing.
On the mouse cards, I used the white snowflakes and stars from the exclusive watercolor die cuts (Color Kit). I also used some dot stickers from the Build-an-Ornament Sticker Sheet and an exclusive wood veneer mistletoe piece, as well as a mistletoe ephemera. For the sentiment, I used a sticker from the Cardstock Sticker Sheet and some letters from the Puffy Word Stickers. (Embellishment kit).



For the penguin card, I used a lot of ephemera flowers from the Floral Ephemera Pack (Embellishment Kit), I also used the same two little mistletoe pieces as before,  and for my title, I used some puffy word stickers again. That puffy word sticker sheet is just amazing and has so many sentiments and titles ready to use. So cute :)



For the bird card, I used some stars from the Watercolor Die-cuts again (Color Kit) and I also used some baubles from the Build-an-Ornament Sticker Sheet (Embellishment kit). For the sentiment, I used some letters from the Puffy Shape Stickers (Pocket Life Kit) and again, the puffy word stickers. I added the two mistletoe pieces again, to create a binding element between the three cards. 

I really hope you like them and hope you are inspired too, to create cards with cutfiles :)

See you! 

1 comment

Latest Instagrams

© Lisa Fonseca. Design by FCD.