Friendship layout for Doodlebug Design

Monday, February 5, 2024

We're almost back to Valentine's Day guys, so it's time to get those pink and red collections out of your drawers... :) This week I'm using LOTS OF LOVE for this cute Love layout.


As I love to fussy cut things out of paper, I decided to go with the FOREVER FLOWERS paper from the collection and relax a bit while cutting out a lot of those tiny little flowers. My idea was to create a heart with them. 
At first, I wanted the heart to be straight and be in the center of the page but when I put my photo on top, I changed my mind and placed everything the way you see it on the page now.


So when I had decided how to place everything, I adhered my photo to a piece of white card stock and then to a piece of the same patterned paper I used to cut the flowers out of. I distressed the edges and placed the photo where I wanted it to be, without adhering it.

Then I started to place all of my little flowers, creating the shape of a heart and trying to keep the same distance between the left edge of the heart and the edge of the paper, as the right edge of the photo and the right edge of the paper. I love my things to be balanced... :)


When I had everything placed exactly how I wanted to, I adhered the photo and then all of the flowers. I bent all of the flowers in the center to create dimension. Then I added tiny enamel hearts and jewels from the collection in the small gaps in between the flowers. 


I just love how it looks, it really turned out very cute. 
To give the layout more color and fullness, I added four strips of paper, I cut out from the SPRINKLED WITH LOVE paper, to create a frame. I also used a fine black pen to add a scribbly line all around. 

To finish, I added a title, three ladybug Doodlepops and some gold splatters.

See you soon and happy Valentine's Day :)



Doodlebug Products used:

Lots of Love collection

Other products used: 

Heidi Swap Color Shine in Gold





Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Lisa Fonseca. Design by FCD.