Monster Madness layout for Doodlebug Design

Tuesday, November 1, 2022

Hi, I'm back with another layout using Monster Madness. Last week, I created a layout with ghosts, this time I used the main feature of the collection, monsters. 


Of all of the different monsters in the collection, the one I like the most, is this puffy fluffy little candy floss monster. That's what I call it... :) So I decided to draw him and create three of them, using different patterned papers for their bodies, socks, hands and horns. 


At first, I drew tiny dots as their eyes, to copy the illustrations of the collection... but when I went through the die cuts later, I chose these googly eyes die cuts instead. Heheee... I think it gives them such a cute look, even more with two different sized eyes.

So, when the monsters where finished, I prepared my background. I wanted to have this fluffy candy floss texture on the background, so I used my Distress Oxides and daubers to create cloud-like shapes of different colors. Then I also used the Oxides, mixed with water to splatter color over the whole page with a small brush.


When the cardstock was dry, I placed my monsters on it to see where I wanted them to go and where I could add my photo. I matted the photo with different papers from the 6x6 paper pad and then placed it on the layout. When I was happy with the design, I adhered everything using liquid glue and foam squares.


To embellish, I went through the die cuts, enamel stickers, jewels, Doodle Pops and cardstock stickers and added, worm stickers, coming out of the monster's bodies, a spider, jewels, star die cuts and a lollipop and candy sticker. I also added the title which is composed of a Chit&Chat die cut and some Sunshine alpha stickers. 


Are you already full swing into scrapping Halloween photos? I always love Halloween-scrapping, it makes the whole "Summer-is-over" sadness a lot better, hahahaaa... and these cute faces do too :)

Thank you so much for stopping by and see you soon!

Youtube / Facebook / Instagram

 


Doodlebug products used:


Monster Madness collection

Sunshine alpha stickers


Other products used:


Distress Oxides











Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Lisa Fonseca. Design by FCD.