Recipe Mini book for Doodlebug Design

Monday, July 5, 2021

Do you have a ton of yummy recipes that you want to share with best friends or family? 

Well, I have a super cute gift idea for you, using the sweetest and yummiest Doodlebug collection, Made With Love.


For this project, I absolutely wanted to use this cute collection again! I wasn't sure what to create, but I was thinking about not making a layout, as I usually do, when my eyes fell on the recipe cards, included in the collection. They are so sweet and the perfect size for a small recipe book, in which you can save your fave recipes and makes an amazing little personalized gift too.


I started by choosing all of the patterned papers that I wanted to use for my decorated pages. I used eight of them and also wanted to include one of the cards, from the cards and envelopes pack. I wanted to add three recipe cards in between every two decorated pages. 



For the cover I used this pretty teal patterned paper and for the back cover, the polka dotted yellow paper. I used thick chipboard to wrap the paper around, to create a very sturdy album. I bound all of the pages with a Cinch tool and for an added cute look, I added a lot of colorful twine to the binding wires.


I went crazy with decorating the book, using Doodle-Pops, enamel dots and shapes, jewels, stickers and buttons. I LOVE the buttons included in this collection and wanted to add as many as possible :)

For the front cover, I also created a cute, distressed flower and added a button with a bit of twine in the center. 

I love using Doodlebug Alpha stickers. Since I have so many colors and fonts, it's so fun to create interesting titles, varying fonts and colors. 

Take a look at all of the pages, which I had a lot of fun creating...




This is how the recipe cards look. They are so cute and awesome to write down your fave recipes that you never want to forget or that you want to share with a loved one.


Can you spot the little cutie that made it all the way from one collection to the other...? ;)







On this last page, I added a piece of acetate, creating a little pocket in which you can add little notes and tickets. 

Can you spot all of the buttons I used on each page? My favorites are the brown square ones, on the chocolate page... ;)

I hope you like this little project idea and are inspired to create your own recipe booklet.

See you soon, 

Facebook Instagram YouTube



Doodlebug products used:

Made with Love collection
Doodle Twine and Chunky Twine in Bumblebee, Limeade, Ladybug and Bubblegum
Paper Frills
Alpha stickers: Sunshine, My Type, Skinny

Other products used:
Cinch tool
Binding wire
Chipboard
Acetate


Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Lisa Fonseca. Design by FCD.