Lovely moments layout for THE CUT SHOPPE

Thursday, March 12, 2020

Hey friends, 

it's Lisa back on the blog today and I'm sharing a super fun layout using the beautiful cutfile SPRING FLOWERS. You can check out all of the other super cute cutfiles on the THECUTSHOPPE website.


I know that my last two layouts for The Cut Shoppe have also had big hearts... well, I can't stay away from hearts apparently... ;) I just love them! When I saw this cutfile, I knew I wanted to use it. Flowers and hearts, it was just screaming my name! :)

To start I chose the papers and colors I wanted to use. I wanted my color scheme to be a bit different than usual. Of course, I wanted pink, but I also wanted the layout to be bold and not too pastel. I went to my big drawer of scraps of patterned papers and chose the ones I liked together. 


I cut out the cutfile from white cardstock and also created a cutfile from it with just one flower. I then used that flower cutfile to cut out all my colored flowers to back the cutfile. That way, I didn't have to trace all the flowers and cut them all by hand. 

I started by adhering all my flowers to the white background and then added the cutfile on top. That way, the flowers were not matching the cutfile exactly and I love that effect, when some parts peek out from the sides. Then I went around it with my stitching machine and white thread a few times to give it more definition and to have this cool messy border. 


I looked through some of my Maggie Holmes collections and found a few fussy-cut flowers and leaves, word stickers and puffy stickers, some heart stickers and some green jewel stars. I used the word stickers as my title and the rest of the embellishments to decorate my heart. 


I also used a super cute sticker with a girl lying on an inflatable hoop... :) To add more detail and interest, I used some tangled gold thread behind my fussy-cut flowers. 
I also created a frame with a fun yellow patterned paper and then splattered gold paint around the heart. 


I really hope you like it, thank you so much for stopping by,

see you soon,

Lisa :)

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Lisa Fonseca. Design by FCD.