Christmas projects featuring DCWV products

Wednesday, December 5, 2018

Hi scrappy friends,

today I'm sharing a super cute Christmas project and a Christmas layout I made using some wonderful DCWV products. I had the chance to have been sent the Magical Holiday 12x12 Paper stack and the Very Merry project trees from DCWV which you can get at Joann stores :)





Using the pastel paper stack, I created a fun and wintery layout. 


I started with two cutfiles, this cute bear from 2Cute Ink and this snowflake cutfile by Paige Evans (Design: 238513). To back the bear cutfile, I used a bunch of papers from the paper stack. Those cute, bright and pastel colors make for a fresh and wintery look and I love to use non-traditional colors for my Christmas projects. :)

I did a bit of mixed media on my white 12x12 paper sheet and then placed the snowflake cutfile and my finished bear, which I had  hand-stitched with white thread, on my layout. 

I embellished a bit more with some stickers included in the paper stack and some enamel dots, sequins and thickers from my stash. 

For my second project, I used the Very Merry Trees pack. It includes 15 sheets of green metallic paper with which you can build christmas trees. Depending on how many layers you use, you trees get bigger or smaller.

I built 2 big trees and 3 smaller ones. 


When I was finished building them, I spray-painted them pink and mint. 
I used a long vase I had bought a few years ago, placed a piece of styrofoam in it, then stuck my trees in it. 
I used mini pompoms, sequins, gold glitter star stickers and little puffy stars to decorate them.


Then I used some cotton wool to place around the trees to make it look like snow and hide the styrofoam beneath them. 

I used thickers to write Merry Christmas on the vase (and yes... I wrote Merry Cristmas.... grrrr... but I was too lazy to stage everything again and take new pictures... ;) 


I also put mini LED lights into the cotton, it's just very difficult/impossible to see on the pictures. To finish my little arrangement, I sprinkled some stars and glitter on the "snow".


I hope you like it and are inspired to make your own Christmas projects with DCWV products :)

Have a beautiful week, see you soon :)

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Lisa Fonseca. Design by FCD.