Spooky cards for PINK PAISLEE

Friday, October 12, 2018

Hi scrappy people,
Halloween is right around the corner and I'm already really excited.
Last year, I bought the Spellcast collection but I didn't get around to using it that much. So I thought that it would be a great idea to use it again this year and make some spooky (but pretty chic) cards.Image 49
To start, I looked for cool spooky wreath cutfiles and I found some from Paige Evans in the silhouette store. Here are the links to the cutfiles: wreath 1wreath 2. I also found this beautiful butterfly cutfile and thought it would match really well together.
Image 44
I chose some patterned papers from the 6x6 paper pad, two for the backgrounds, two for cutting out the wreaths and another two for cutting out the butterflies. When I had everything cut out and my background papers adhered and stitched on a white square-ahaped card base, I backed the butterflies with some more patterned papers and then placed all the pieces on the cards.
Then I started choosing my embellishment pieces.
Image 47
I chose ephemera pieces, chipboard stickerscardstock stickers and I also used some sequins from the Auburn Lane collection.
Image 41
I placed all the embellishments on the cards in a way I liked and topped them off with the butterflies, that I decorated with a few sequins and adhered with foam squares to make them pop. I wanted them to look like they weren't really part of the cards, but more like real butterflies just resting there. :)
Image 43
To finish the cards, I splattered some paint/ink on them.
Those cards were really easy to make once I had my cutfiles chosen. They came together pretty fast and I really love how they turned out. I think that the wreaths cutfiles really match the style of this spooky, yet chic collection. :)
Image 51
I really hope you like them too, thank you so much for stopping by :)

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Lisa Fonseca. Design by FCD.