Always you and me layout for the HIP KIT CLUB

Saturday, September 1, 2018

Hi friends,
it's Lisa back on the blog today and I'm sharing a super cute page I created using only the august main kit from the Hip Kit Club.

I'm totally in love with how this page turned out :)
When I went through my kits the first time, what immediately jumped to my eye, was this beautiful floral paper from the new Maggie Holmes collection, Willow Lane. I knew I wanted to fussy cut tons of flowers and use them on my layout. What I really liked too, were these mini puffy stickers from the same collection. There are all sorts of animal heads, which are the cutest.
So to start, I took a sheet of white paper and I hand-drew two of those heads. A panda head and a fox head.

Then, as I always do, I drew and cut out the different parts of the animals from different patterned papers, all included in the main kitand paper kit. When my animal heads were done, I adhered them on a piece of white paper, hand-stitched around them in matching colors and cut them out again, leaving a thin white border.

I used a picture from my last vacation in Italy. We were in a super cute Agriturismo (small hotel with handmade food) in San Gimignano and had fun taking pictures. I chose a photo from me and my boyfriend and used a super cute pompom frame from the Maggie Holmes collection. The black went perfect with the black paper I used for the animals.

To frame my whole layout, I cut off 1/8 inch border of my white cardstock and placed it on a blue floral paper from the Willow Lane collection. Then I stitched around with gold thread. I really like doing this and I do it on almost all of my layouts.
Then I fussy cut out a bunch of flowers and leaves from that beautiful patterned paper. I tried to find the best placement for my two animal heads and my picture. When I was happy with the placement, I adhered them, using sticky foam and then I placed all the flowers around.

In the centre of every flower, I placed a cute puffy sticker, either a little head or a heart. Then I used the sticker sheets from that collection again and placed some whimsical flowers and stars on my page. As a title I also used two stickers from the Maggie Holmes sticker sheets that said 'Always' and 'You and me'.
I finished the page by splattering some gold color shine on the layout. All the products I used in this layout are from the august main kit.
I really hope you like it. I you do, don't forget to check out the process video on YouTube.


Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Lisa Fonseca. Design by FCD.